Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Precious






Do not fear, for I have redeemed you,  
I have called you by name,you are mine. 
Because you are precious in my sight, 
and honored, and I love you...   Isaiah 43: 2,5   


Imagine how different our world would be if we all believed that God really loves each one of us. Now, you may be saying to yourself, "But I do know God loves me," and that would be great. Still, the sad fact is that there are plenty of folks, who believe they are the exception, folks who believe, "Well, God may love everybody, but God cannot possibly love me; I am the one exception." These folks are hung up on their unworthiness, but that does not change the fact that God loves each of us anyway. Deal with it!

So here's the quantum leap: even when we are feeling loved by God, even when we are feeling cherished and precious, can we rest in that love and, at the same time, understand and accept the fact that God feels that way about everyone? That God loves the colleague who drives you crazy and the person who cuts you off in traffic just as much as God loves you?

Consider this: Life is not about punishment anymore; it's about forgiveness. And life is not about being good enough; it's about grace.

Oh – if only we could believe that with all our hearts and minds and voices. What a wonderful world it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment