Thursday, May 8, 2014

I Am Coming to You

"I am coming to you."  John 14:18


                                                                                     - August Swanson

In the Gospel, Jesus promises his disciples that even though he is going away for a while, He will not leave them orphaned.  
He promises that He will return to them.
Isn't this all we need?
If we can't trust Jesus, who can we trust?

"I am coming to you." 

We have God's word on it. 
How does God come to you?  

For me, its when I hold a brand new baby, and when the shy smile of a stranger acknowledges that we have shared a common understanding, and when a dew drop on a blade of grass in the early morning catches my eye. Jesus comes to me in the Holy Eucharist, when beautiful music deepens my grasp of life, or when an adult child calls, "just to check in."  In other words, Jesus comes to me in the everyday course of life. And still I am surprised. 

How does He come to you?



No comments:

Post a Comment