Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Invitations

June 8, 2016

Give ear to my words, O Lord; *
    consider my meditation.
2 Hearken to my cry for help, my King and my God, *
    for I make my prayer to you.
3 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; *
    early in the morning I make my appeal and watch for you.   Psalm 5: 1-3

                                                Crack of Dawn         -Vladimir Kush


The Psalm for Sunday is an invitation to prayer. Some of us may think that God is too busy setting the planets on their courses and preventing planes from dropping out of the sky to be interested in our prayers, but this is simply not true. Each of us, made in the image and likeness of God, are beloved by God. God wants to hear from us! God yearns to be  in conversation with us, and when we initiate the conversation, I imagine God twinkles with delight.

You are God's hands and feet in the world. Without dialogue, we easily stray off the paths that are laid out for us. When we begin and end our days with God, the paths will be made clear, and our hearts restored. The reverse is also true. 







No comments:

Post a Comment