Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Marvelous!


I will thank you because I am marvelously made; *
your works are wonderful, and I know it well.       Psalm 139: 13

S.L. Lowry



Can we thank God for being marvelously made? It’s hard for most of us. Prayers are generally petitionary, and thanksgivings often remain unsaid.  It is challenging to thank God simply for oneself. To wonder with awe at the very being of ourselves: that we respire automatically, that we communicate with one another, that our minds can perceive colors and solve problems.

Try it. Just thank God for you. For you are marvelously made. Thank God for the miracle of you, in spite of all the complaints you may have about the shape of your eyes or the color of your hair.  Leave the complaints for another day.

I will thank you, God, for I am marvelously made.    

No comments:

Post a Comment