Wednesday, April 12, 2017

My God, my God....Why?

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
and are so far from my cry
and from the words of my distress?   Psalm 22:1


This intricately woven cross of palm fronds was created by a Coptic Christian for their Palm Sunday celebration. It was an act of devotion and a statement of hope. Little did he or she know how it would all end; that blood would stain the cross, that 44 would be dead, that hundreds more would be injured.  I wonder if the creator of this palm cross knew that a homicide bomber could be filled with such hate. 

As Christians, we acknowledge that evil exists and so we cling to our Lord’s promise: that nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus. God was there in those two churches on Palm Sunday, blessing and comforting and God will continue to be there, even when only blood stains remain. The Easter message proclaims that God will always triumph over death and destruction.  Always.

Let us wrap ourselves in the love God as we seek to make sense of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment