Monday, February 15, 2010

A Child is Born

What wondrous thing is this, oh my soul, oh my soul.
What wondrous thing is this, oh my soul.
Caeden
February 13th, our youngest son, Alex and his wife Emily delivered their firstborn son, making us grandparents for the first time. I've always wondered about folks who would place that bumper sticker "Ask me about my grandchildren" on their cars. I mean, what's the big deal? Yet, seeing my grandson for the first time took my breath away. There is something we all need to be reminded about in the Christmas story: new life. Possibilities. Breathtaking possibilities. The Spirit of God dwelling among us.

During the announcements at church on Sunday, I just blurted out, "Our grandson was born last night!" The congregation erupted in applause. People kept telling me that I was bubbling all morning. And, with God's incredible grace, I had a baptism to do at our third service. Another little boy.

New Life. What wondrous thing is this?
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment