Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Living Through Good Friday



I am Resurrection and Life, says the Lord, Whoever has faith in me shall have life, even though he die. And everyone who has life, and has committed himself to me in faith, shall not die for ever.                                              The Book of Common Prayer, p. 491.




Easter approaches.
And Easter cannot arrive without Good Friday.
Yes, it's sad. Yes it's bleak, but Good Friday struggles are what prepare us for the unimaginable, eternal joys that come with Resurrection.

As many of you know, Gary, my husband of 34 years died Monday morning after a brave fight with liver cancer. And I confess, I am having kind of a "Good Friday" week, but I believe Easter comes! Intermittent crises of faith may cause some of us us to struggle from time to time, but we KNOW that Easter does come. I stake my life on that, and so did Gary. Yes, Lord, I believe!

As for Holy Week and Easter, I have decided I need to be here with you at CHN rather than resting at home. I need to be surrounded by people I love and trust, and I need the ancient and familiar rhythm of the Triduum to lead me into Easter.

Thank you for the many ways you have shown me your love and concern this week. We are an Easter people, and together, we will see Jesus more clearly and know his love more dearly this weekend.

With love and in hope,
Liz+                              

No comments:

Post a Comment