Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Laying Down Our Lives

For this reason the Father loves me, 
because I lay down my life in order to take it up again.


Laying down our lives.

Laying down our busy-ness, our egos, our priorities. When we do this for the sake of the Gospel, the potential for transformation is birthed in us. We may think we do not have the time, the talent, or the treasure to drop our lives for the sake of the Gospel; there are mortgages to pay, kids to educate, and retirements to be planned. Yet Christ assures us that in laying down our lives for His sake, we open ourselves to a new life potential that is beyond anything we can ask for or imagine.

Jesus says, "I have the power to lay it down (my life) and the power to take it up again." So have we.
Is this a risk worth taking?
Is this a risk we can afford NOT to take?

No comments:

Post a Comment